The company’s top priority is the health and safety of its workers; no employee is forced to perform work deemed hazardous. O’Brien Equipment, Inc. complies with OSHA workplace safety and health requirements, and maintains occupational safety and health standards that equal or exceed the best practices in the industry.
O’Brien Equipment safety committee consists of management and employee representatives. The committee identifies hazards and unsafe work practices, and helps create a workplace free from accidents and injuries.
O’Brien Equipment, Inc. pledges to do the following:
- Strive to achieve the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Provide mechanical and physical safeguards.
- Conduct safety and health inspections to identify and eliminate unsafe working conditions, to control health hazards, and to comply with OSHA safety and health requirements.
- Train employees in safe work practices and procedures.
- Provide employees with personal protective equipment and train them to properly use and care for it.
- Enforce company safety and health rules and require employees to follow the rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigate accidents to determine their cause and to prevent similar accidents.
Managers, supervisors, and all other employees share responsibility for a safe and healthful workplace.
- Management strives to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses, and welcomes employee suggestions for achieving a safer, healthier workplace. Management stays abreast of potential hazards, and regularly reviews the company’s safety and health program.
- Supervisors monitor and train workers in safe practices and enforce company rules to ensure compliance.
- Employees report hazards, unsafe work practices, and accidents to supervisors; wear required personal protective equipment; and support safety committee activities.